Kayam Tablet is a popular Ayurvedic medicine used for constipation which is characterized by infrequent bowel movements or difficult passage of stools. Constipation is usually described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week.
Many people use Kayam Tablet to treat constipation. Though occasional constipation is a common occurrence, chronic obstinate constipation can cause excessive straining to have a bowel movement.[toc]
Kayam Tablet contains 50% senna leaves (Cassia angustifolia).This makes it a stimulant laxative, thereby providing a quick relief from constipation.
It is safe to use Kayam Tablet occasionally. However, its regular use has the potential of weakening the intestines.
Kayam Tablet Benefits
- Kayam tablet helps treating constipation
- It is suitable for people suffering from gas, heaviness in abdomen, mouth ulcer and headache.
- It is beneficial in treating acidity caused by constipation
Kayam Tablet Ingredients
- Svarjiksara (Purified)
- Mulethi (Yashtimadhu or licorice) – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Nishoth (Trivrit) – Operculina turpethum
- Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- Ajwain (Carum capticum) – Trachyspermum ammi
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Senna leaves – Cassia angustifolia
1 to 2 tablets with warm water preferably at night just before sleeping. Over dosage can result in side effects. In mild constipation, 1 tablet should be enough.
It is not in the fitness of things that Kayam tablet should be used regularly. You may run the risk of developing laxative habit, which may result in chronic constipation at a later stage. Very high dose of Kayam tablet may cause severe abdominal pain, dehydration and diarrhea.